Once, when I was a kid, I found a paper clip.
I unfolded it and played with it a while. Then I noticed that it would fit nicely into the electrical socket. I stuck it in there and was shocked. As if that wasn’t bad enough I did it again and again. Six times I had to do it, before I realized that every time I would get shocked. I’m kind of stupid that way I guess.
Not sure that if someone had told me not to do it that I wouldn’t have. Maybe if someone had told me the consequences of my actions, I wouldn’t have.
The same thing goes for touching the pretty glowing light in the car cigarette lighter. I had to touch it three different times before I figured out that I would get burned each and every time. Again I was pretty stupid.
I have told my kids about these things and the consequences of what would happen.
They never have done it.